With the advent of mobile POS solutions, businesses can complete a variety of business processes and conduct transactions from anywhere. Mobile POS solutions are ideal for any environment in which POS functionality is needed in the field. Traditionally, most people have experienced some form of mobile POS at flea markets, farmers markets, or stadiums. Today, mobile POS is gaining momentum in various retail and hospitality environments, such as salons, quick service restaurants, bars, cafes and coffee shops, nightclubs, stadiums, trade shows, and many other areas where mobility is essential to providing quality customer service.
We’ll analyze the business benefits a small business can reap through the adoption and implementation of a mobile point of sale (POS) solution. Specifically, we will discuss how a mobile POS solution can help your business improve operational efficiency and also how your customers benefit from the experience.
Benefits of Mobile POS
Whether you are a single location, independent operator, or a large chain, mobile POS can provide a substantial return on investment (ROI) for your business.
- Smaller Footprint and Reduced upfront cost/ Investment – Unlike traditional POS systems, mobile POS systems cost a fraction and there isn’t any complicated infrastructure requirement. Most of the times all you need is mobile devices(s) – phones or tablets and an internet connection. Printers and Card readers are pretty much the only additional hardware that you will ever need. The rest of the stuff lives in the cloud and on-demand.
- Reduced Set-up Time – This is another biggest advantage to adopt a mobile POS. You are most likely up and running in less than a day compared to traditional systems which could take couple of days to weeks.
- Streamline Orders – With a mobile POS, waiters can take orders at the table and wirelessly transmit to the kitchen instead of having to physically move between these service areas. This allows food preparation to begin earlier, improving customer service by reducing wait times for items ordered. In retail environments this means the supply department can be quickly notified of the sales without additional steps.
- Improve Order Accuracy – Customization is the name of the game for customers these days. Add-on items, special requests, sides or other modifications are common requests that must accurately account for in the order taking process. With a mobile POS, order accuracy is improved by eliminating lost, partial and incorrect orders. This not only reduces waste for your establishment but also improves customer satisfaction.
- Increase Average Ticket Size – Great customer service is essential to ensuring repeat business from your patrons. A mobile POS solution will give staff the ability to spend more time with patrons, improving customer service and enhancing the customer experience rather than the customer coming to them – which is the case with the traditional system. It will also give extra time to the staff up-sell and cross-sell profitable extras resulting in larger average ticket size for the business.
- Table Turnover – In high volume restaurant environments, the ability to serve more patrons faster and increase table turnover is critical to success. Many restaurants struggle with customer wait times on a daily basis, particularly on weekends when most patrons prefer to enjoy a night out to dinner. As busy restaurants look for new ways to increase capacity, many have added outdoor seating. Unfortunately, the traditional POS system is not ideal for harsh, outdoor environments. Therefore, many establishments with outdoor seating require wait staff to use a terminal inside the restaurant. This is often a less than optimal solution for efficient order entry and checkout procedures. Mobile POS is an ideal and affordable option for growing restaurants that need to equip additional wait staff to process more orders.
- Decrease Checkout Time – An additional benefit of mobile POS solutions is the efficient checkout. Checkout is the last thing a customer will remember about your restaurant. They enjoyed your delicious food and friendly wait staff. Don’t let all that be ruined by a long wait at the register. A mobile POS solution will allow wait staff to securely and efficiently process payments at the tableside, and to effectively avoid aggravating the customer in the checkout process.
Interested in a mobile POS? Check ShopOwner - www.shopowner.in
Good blog! This is a very informative one which you have shared here about POS. you have shared your own experience. Keep sharing these types of information. Point Of Sale Software in SaskatchewanReplyDelete
I read the above article and I got some knowledge from your article. It's actually great and useful data for us. Thanks for share it.POS System Solutions in SingaporeReplyDelete