Here are the key highlights from the study.
- 1 in 4 consumers currently have at least one restaurant-specific mobile app on their smartphone.
- Diners Feel Comfortable Using Their Phone to Search Beforehand… but not while dining
- Diners Love a Good Deal
- High Earners Use Online or Mobile Deals Most
- In urban areas, middle aged consumers were deal seekers and in sub-urban areas it was the millennials
- Summer Is the Season to Dine Out.
- Consumers Trust the Quality of Food Most At Independent Restaurants than chains
- Parents are more likely to prefer eating at national chain restaurants versus non-parents.
- Young millennials (aged 18–34) are the most
likely (45%) to take advantage of restaurant
delivery services like Seamless, Postmates,
Favor, UberEats and more.